Sunday, February 26, 2006

Aged Pu-erh or Wine?

Sipping Pu-erh with Ms. Dong is always a pleasant experience. Last night, we brewed up a pot of 70s Huang Yin, and started another relaxing tea night. I have to admit that my taste buds have been spoiled by Ms. Dong’s vast selections of authentic vintage Pu-erh – 30 year old, 40 year old, 50 year old… As a matter of fact, she was invited to show a bundle of 70 to 75 year old Yi Wu Pu-erh on CCTV-2 this month.

Being artistic minded myself, I always enjoy looking at the thick and clear, sometimes oily looking, dark reddish tea liquor of aged Pu-erh. Only well aged Pu-erh have the oily looking tea liquor. The 70s Huang Yin is one of those good ones. I like to pour good Pu-erh tea liquor into a wine glass for observation. When observed through a wine glass, the oily looking liquor appears to be detached from the glass wall while surrounded itself by a beautiful golden ring – Bao Guang. Many people compare collecting Pu-erh to collecting wine. I am not a seasoned wine drinker, but I enjoy Pu-erh. Will it be a similar experience observing a nice glass of aged red wine?

Alex
www.teahub.com

Tags: ,

No comments: